What is Bachmann's BTReady Adapter?
Bachmann's BTReady Adapter is a portable adapter designed to ensure that your Bluetooth handheld device can print on a moment's notice. By connecting the BTReady Adapter to the parallel port of any printer, the user can immediately convert any printer to accept Bluetooth beaming. Only available bundled with PrintBoy for Palm OS handhelds.
What Does It Include?
- BTReady Adapter
- AC adapter (power cord) - U.S. only
- These simple instructions for installation and troubleshooting
Instructions for Use:
- Follow instructions included with your PrintBoy software to install the software on your handheld device.
- Within the PrintBoy application set up your printer so it will handle Bluetooth™
- Attach the BTReady Adapter to the parallel port of your printer.
- Attached the power adapter to the back of your BTReady Adapter, and plug it into a wall outlet.
- Turn on your printer and you are ready for wireless printing. (If your printer is already on, please turn it off to install and then turn it on again)
- Click on the PrintBoy applet that you would like to print from. After you press print, it will search for a Bluetooth enabled device. Once it finds the Bluetooth printer, click on that device.
If your handheld is having trouble locating your Bluetooth Printer:
- Make sure you are using a handheld Palm OS or Pocket PC device that supports Bluetooth printing
- Make sure that you plugged the adapter into an electrical socket that is functioning
- Re-initialize the BTReady Adapter by unplugging the adapter from the wall socket and then plug it back in again.
- The adapter supports Bluetooth communications for up to 30 feet, but sometimes you may need to move your position and select re-try in order to find the printer.